Monday 19 September 2011

An Ode to my "Mother"

      Although, living with her for about 18 years, for the first 13 years I was not aware of her presence as some one who loved me so much. She was just another person in my life, an "aunt", my fathers sister and in a society where phuphus are thought to be wicked, sly and cunning, she is just the opposite. S (name not mentioned) did a very good job of keeping us alienated from her, and so we never got a chance to bond. But fate finally did shine on us when I turned 13, giving us a chance to talk freely and share our thoughts. She is the type of person I have never known another one, a unique piece of God's creation. She is sweet, caring, thoughtful and ironically, though she is not our biological mother, me and my sister are her spiritual daughters.
    She is a woman-child. Instead of punishing you, she will cry which starts to make one feel guilty enough. You will always hear her talking about us, "I have to buy that for Saneela......and buy that for Nabeela". Even in a shop, she always buys stuff for us first and then we have to remind her to get something for herself too. When ever I get off from college and am feeling grouchy about my day, she will always sit at the table with me, listening to my useless talk, even if she is doggone tired. She takes a lot of extra care about our birthdays or if my friends are coming, worrying about the dinner every second. I can share any thing and every thing with her. Her favourite past time: talking on the phone and that too with K phuphu hours on end. She keeps secrets really well and worries about us so much, she busts a vein in her forehead trying to keep pace with us and our daily lives.
    She is one of the many people whom I can't think of even living without and at the end of the day, when my certain expectations get hurt or if I don't do good in any exam, I know she is there to listen and help and guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment