Friday 6 September 2013

What My Children Will Know

When my children start their existence, I will tell them to enjoy it and not take life seriously. I will tell them life
is a narrow path with many destinations leading to endless brims. I will tell them not to choose the correct path but rather, the correct destination. When my daughter starts to grow up and starts to feel uncomfortable about her body, I will tell her that at her age, I felt the same and that she will grow used to it. When my son gets low grades or does not meet my expectations, I will encourage him to treat this failure as a lesson. I will tell him, though success gives us many things, failure teaches us far more better things. I will tell my children it is better to fail than to cheat. When my children are confused what path they should take in life, I will comfortably guide them, yet at the same time give them the choice and independence of their own decisions. When teenage hits them and they become moody, I will give them space, time but assure them with invisible words that I can help. I will tell my children to respect their father for he works hard and what he earns, he earns for them. When my children get a thought they think they ought to share, I will not judge them and leave them not astray. When my daughter grows up, I will not pressurize her into marrying someone she doesn't want to and tell her that matches are made in heaven, someday her prince will come. I will teach my children that a life spent living for one's sake is a life not spent at all. I will tell them being successful does not mean riches, big houses, bigger cars but a happy, satisfied life. I will tell them that by helping others, you can gain your serenity, peace in life. I will tell my children to always respect adults and praise their decisions because they have been there before. I will tell them not to trust anyone blindly, not even their elders for elders are only human and may be wrong. I will tell them to hold their head up high and face the world with confidence. I will tell my children that nothing lasts forever and whatever they do should only be for the Hereafter, this world is nothing. I will tell my children to do what is Right and not give a fig about what others say. Lastly, I will teach my children to believe in Allah and in Him only as this life is all about what we get in the Hereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment