Monday 17 October 2011

Too Bad......it's Monday!

   It's Monday! The day every thing has to go wacko! Time to get up, bear the brunt of my sister's grunts *Oh why is it Monday already* while burning her eggs. Time to feed my babies Kitty and Tiger while trying to kill the obstinate rampage of cockroaches in the kitchen. As soon as I sit down to catch my breath, the door bell rings, the maid has arrived rather late, what a lot this mornin brings. 9 am! Got to wake up my aunt before the bank closes and to prepare her tea while dodging the ever-irritating lizard living in the dishes like a king. Attending my sister's call at 1, she has had enough of her classes already, starvin like a cockroach, I tell her, dude you gotta wait till 4 pm, she screams, that is bout like hours away ten! And what's on the menu? Served lentils right on cue!......And nothin else. Cause, it's Monday! Sunday is the "Funday" when something good is cooked. Black Monday is not called Black Monday for nothin. The maid is nagging to go cause on MONday she always leaves at 11...which leaves my hyper-active aunt to cook the roti's....cause it's Monday. At last, big sis arrives and stares open-mouthed at the yellowish-green daal dripping on her plate *Yesterday's biryani already digested on account of her question about it *, opening a packet of biscuits I would never eat even in the Sahara to control my sister's appetite....and mine. Trying to drowse the day off rather than making a stab at it, missing the 5 'o' clock alarm *I made my OWN tea today thank you very much* listening to aunt and trying to groan mutely at the same time. At last, Evening is here, other half of the day almost near. Trying to help aunt in the kitchen, listening to the never ending litany : made-my-own-tea-today while humming Green Day's 'Wake me up when September ends' and wondering that the independent tea story has grown rather old synonymous to once-upon-a-time. Eating dinner while listening to sister *None of my friends came today, looks like they are still sleeping through the weekend* ....cause it's Monday!....With the tea story still in the background music history. Grandmama eats silently, reliving the visit of her son since yesterday and worrying about the new dishes *10 months old* getting dirty. Monday has a silently secret bliss, no washing up, expecting the maid to arrive late! but will hopefully do the dishes, unless aunt takes pity on her *Leave it I'll do it...poor thing*. She goes off to see if Ash and Abhi are parents yet and sis off to surf the world and travel places.....on the internet, while grandmama fretting about the maid coming late or not coming at all! Ah grandmama,if only you knew tomorrow's TUESday, it won't be half as bad if she does not come. As for me, drunk as rum, I rest my head against my bed and think, Oh the bliss, to relive this day again after six days, and an important start-of-the-week day it is.....and very hard to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment