Monday 14 October 2013

Why I'm Sad

I want to be happy. I really do. I feel happy when I study and I learn something useful. I'm happy when I can watch The Simpsons all day long. I'm happy when I'm eating my favourite things. But you can't remain happy for long. It's impossible. If a person tells you, he's happy, he's satisfied, life could never have been better, he's lying. This world sees to that. Imagine this. You're happy, eating a shawrma in your car and you spot a kid, a starved animal hunting for food, how would that make you feel? Happy? Satisfied? Life could never have been better right?
This is what life really is. A dance between happyness, sadness and the doubt between these two things. And all those things that you think when you're doubting make you the person that you are. Are you thinking about yourself? About that left-over pizza from yesterday? Or are you thinking of giving it to that emaciated crow in your yard? This is what Allah wants us to do. We are His people His army. Life is not about lying down in one place and dying in it the next. It's about giving. You have never really lived until someone cannot return the favour you bestowed upon them. So keep your eyes open and never hesitate to help someone. Pray for that person agonizing over their exams. Pray for the family sitting in a rictus during their loved one's operation. Give, in any way you can and when you cannot anymore, that is the time to die. In peace. Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment